|Quantity||3+ units||10+ units||30+ units||50+ units||More|
|Price /Unit||$28.41||$27.83||$26.96||$25.80||Contact US|
ADNS3080 Optical Flow Sensor Horizontal Position for APM2.5 Flight Control Board
- This sensor is based on the ADNS3080 mouse sensor which is a good choice for optical flow because:
- high resolution: 30 x 30 pixel frames meaning it can see features that lesser mice cannot
- high speed: 2000 to 6400 frames per second update rate which contributes to better low light performance than other mouse sensors
- SPI interface meaning it can be interfaced to many micro controllers and co-exist with other sensors
- Intended to interface with a 5v microcontroller.
- 8mm lens with 11 deg FOV
- Standard M12x0.5 lens mount meaning you can replace the lense easily if required
Instructions for connecting the sensor to your APM/Oilpan are here.
- Things to be careful of:
- Performs best outdoors in well lit environments
- Does not play well with Fluorescent lights (the blinking throws off the sensor)
- Needs a somewhat varied surface to see movement (plain carpets are not it's friend)
- Uses including odometry and obstacle avoidance but I've used it mostly for horizontal position hold