|Quantity||3+ units||10+ units||30+ units||50+ units||More|
|Price /Unit||$63.60||$62.30||$60.36||$57.76||Contact US|
Linksprite SIM900 GPRS/GMS Shield Fully Compatible with Arduino UNO
- The SIM900 GSM/GPRS Shield provides you a way to use the GSM cell phone network to receive data from a remote location. The shield allows you to achieve this via any of the three methods:
- Short Message Service
- GPRS Service
- The GPRS Shield is compatible with all boards which have the same form factor (and pinout) as a standard Arduino Board. The GPRS Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands. Based on the SIM900 module from SIMCOM, the GPRS Shield is like a cell phone. Besides the communications features, the GPRS Shield has 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC.
- Based on SIMCom's SIM900 Module
- Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz - would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
- Control via AT commands - Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
- Short Message Service - so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server.
- Speaker and Headphone jacks - so that you can send DTMF signals or play recording like an answering machine.
- SIM Card holder and GSM Antenna - present onboard.
- 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC (all 2.8 volt logic) - to augment your Arduino.
- Low power consumption - 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Industrial Temperature Range - -40°C to +85 °C
M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions - To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
Remote control of appliances - Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home.
Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network : Create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station - temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).
Interactive Voice Response System - Couple the GPRS Shield with an MP3 Decoder and DTMF Decoder (besides an Arduino) to create an Interactive Vocice Response System (IVRS).
Vehicle Tracking System - Couple the GPRS Shield with an Arduino and GPS module and install it in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as a automotive burglar alarm.
Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).